From: listsad...@lists.myitforum.com [mailto:listsad...@lists.myitforum.com] On
Behalf Of Sherry Kissinger
Sent: Thursday, January 12, 2017 1:00 PM
To: mssms@lists.myitforum.com
Subject: Re: [mssms] RE: Flash Player and SCUP

"I’m pretty sure that the latest version of Flash was synced to SCUP with the
cert it has now."
so the update in CM is using a newer cert, which you defined in SCUP and signed
that update with.
on the CLIENT (not CM), is that newer cert in both Trusted Publisher and
Trusted Root, on that client?  You might want to visually verify that looking
at the mmc, certificates for the machine.
The Client has to trust the code-signing certificate used to sign that update.
It also needs to have that regkey about trusting those certs when used with
Windows Update.
HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\windowsUpdate\AcceptTrustedPublisherCerts,
regdword=1.  That one is also usually delivered via GPO.

All of those things have to be there, for the client to install an update which
did not originate from a known trusted source (in Microsoft's world, that's
Microsoft alone).  If you want a client to trust something else--like something
you signed in SCUP that  you got from who-knows-where (in this case, Adobe, not
Microsoft); the whole chain of trust and signing has to be there from beginning
to end.

On Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 12:52 PM, Heaton, Joseph@Wildlife