Yes, but if a client gets wonky for some reason and won’t update, this is a
quick fix.

From: listsad...@lists.myitforum.com [mailto:listsad...@lists.myitforum.com] On
Behalf Of Adam Juelich
Sent: Friday, January 27, 2017 5:37 AM
To: mssms@lists.myitforum.com
Subject: Re: [mssms] Windows Defender issue - MpCmdRun.exe fails

Doesn't your ADR and SUG handle that?

On Thu, Jan 26, 2017 at 4:47 PM, Murray, Mike <mmur...@csuchico.edu
<mailto:mmur...@csuchico.edu> > wrote:

My previous PowerShell question was related to this. I want to be able to find
active CM clients with old SCEP virus definitions and force them to update if
needed. I want to run the following two commands, which work just fine on
Windows 10, but fail on Windows 7 machines (I’m running from an admin prompt):

C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe -RemoveDefinitions -All

C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe -SignatureUpdate

The error:

Service Version: 0.0.0.0

Engine Version: 0.0.0.0

Starting engine and signature rollback to none...Failed! Error 0x800106ba

I’ve tested on multiple machines, same error. Googling brought no answers. Any
ideas?

Best Regards,

Mike Murray

Desktop Engineer/IT Consultant - IT Support Services

California State University, Chico

530.898.4357 <tel:(530)%20898-4357>
mmur...@csuchico.edu <mailto:mmur...@csuchico.edu>

Remember, Chico State will NEVER ask you for your password via email!

For more information about recognizing phishing scam emails go to:
<http://www.csuchico.edu/isec/basics/spam-and-phishing.shtml>
http://www.csuchico.edu/isec/basics/spam-and-phishing.shtml