I found what I was looking for through a friend who is better at saving
favorites than I.  Incase anyone else is interested…

https://www.niallbrady.com/2010/05/22/sent-out-an-advertisement-you-wish-you-hadn-t/

https://www.anoopcnair.com/configmgr-sccm-2007-how-to-stop-advertisements-with-immediate-effect/

From: listsad...@lists.myitforum.com [mailto:listsad...@lists.myitforum.com] On
Behalf Of Giroux, Eric J
Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2017 7:58 AM
To: mssms@lists.myitforum.com
Subject: [mssms] Best Practice for Deployment Cancellation

Does anyone have links to recommended best practices for cancelling an
in-progress CM application deployment.  From past reading my MO has always been
to expire a deployment that has been scheduled but not yet run by clients
rather than deleting the deployment.  It seems that deleting the deployment has
less of a chance of preventing clients from running something that is already
scheduled.  Just looking for published guidance around this to confirm.

Thanks,
Eric Giroux