For reference this is the documentation I used when we moved to 1607:
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/itpro/windows/update/waas-manage-updates-configuration-manager

It seems that it contradicts the blog about dual scan.

From: listsad...@lists.myitforum.com [mailto:listsad...@lists.myitforum.com] On
Behalf Of Hyatt, Dewayne
Sent: Tuesday, April 11, 2017 10:43 AM
To: mssms@lists.myitforum.com
Subject: RE: [mssms] GPO Update Disable Manual MS checks

Whoops… I had read that blog a while back but apparently not well enough.

I am confused now though. I am using a GPO to define what branch our Windows 10
clients are in for Windows 10 servicing in SCCM. I thought that was the correct
way to do it. I saw 1607 used different policies but it looked like it was
doing the same thing. This blog said not to enable those policies.