What do you do for domain join issues, where local accounts are the only option?

Daniel Ratliff

From: listsad...@lists.myitforum.com [mailto:listsad...@lists.myitforum.com] On
Behalf Of Marable, Mike
Sent: Tuesday, April 11, 2017 2:15 PM
To: mssms@lists.myitforum.com
Subject: [mssms] RE: Opinions Local Admin

We actually developed a utility that ran as a service to create a unique
password for each machine and change it every day.  The algorithm factored in
the name of the computer and the date when generating the password.

If we ever needed to use the password we had a corresponding tool that would
calculate out what the password for a given machine was for the day.

We ran with that for at least 10 years or so, then about 2 years ago we just
used Group Policy to disable all local accounts.

For a while we were thinking about LAPS, but opted for disabling the local
accounts.

Mike