I use a WMI query to identify the CPU generation.

"Select Name from Win32_Processor where Name Like '%-7%'"

[cid:image001.png@01D332AB.E0B71E50]

Mike

From: listsad...@lists.myitforum.com [mailto:listsad...@lists.myitforum.com] On
Behalf Of Fast, David D.
Sent: Thursday, September 21, 2017 7:21 AM
To: mssms@lists.myitforum.com
Subject: [mssms] Kaby Lake detection in SCCM+MDT Windows 7 OSD task sequence?

Is there a way to detect Kaby Lake (Intel 7th generation) processors in an OSD
task sequence?  Our organization has recently begun ordering the Dell Optiplex
3050 and Latitude 5480 models, both of which are available to us with either
Sky Lake (Intel 6th gen, Win7 compatible) or Kaby Lake (7th gen, W10 only)
processors.  I need to be able to detect if a W7 OSD task sequence is being
selected for a Kaby Lake system and so prevent the W7 task sequence from
running.

Thanks,

David
it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any
in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the
intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact
the sender and delete the material from any computer.

Electronic Mail is not secure, may not be read every day, and should not be
used for urgent or sensitive issues