I posted a similar question to Reddit and thought I'd ask here also.

I've setup Upgrade Readiness incl. the connector in ConfigMgr and run the
deployment script manually on three machines and the data is in OMS - all good.
I was reading the other day that the deployment script can be replaced with the
Windows Analytics settings in ConfigMgr client settings but I see some settings
in the script that are missing in ConfigMgr for example, proxy and logging
configuration. Additionally, I've read that the script should be regularly run
(~30 days) and if that's true there's no way to schedule the telemetry
gathering in ConfigMgr either.

Should I be using the script or the client settings is essentially what I'm
interested to know.

Daniel.
The contents of this email message and any attachments are intended only for
the addressee and may be confidential, private or the subject of copyright. If
you have received this email in error please notify Logan City Council, by
replying to the sender or calling +61 7 3412 3412  and delete all copies of the
e-mail and any attachments.

To view Logan City Council's Privacy Collection Notice, please visit
www.logan.qld.gov.au or click on the following link
http://www.logan.qld.gov.au/home/terms-of-use.