Hi guys (& dolls?),

NYYRIKKI <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> This VDP is not so stuppid that it looks. I'm waiting instructions to
> build my own Light pen for it. I have heard, that it can use Light pen
> even in screen 0 and 1 !!! Why any MSX has no ready light pen connector ?
> Light pen is so sheap, and easy to make ! (it has only one
> light-transistor, one resistor, button and ofcource cable and connectors)

Oops! Some MSX HAVE a light-pen connection buit in, using the VDP!
I investigated a Korean-built MSX-2 once, it looked a bit like the
Philips 8250/55, but with different parts, and highly incompatible
with many MSX software.
This thing had a light-pen connector on the front of the machine, and
curious as I was, I made a circuit diagram of the way it was hooked
up to the VDP. Want it? Mail me!
(contents of the ROM in this machine, and other hardware details
available as well). I do remember that the construction of this
light-pen connection was really simple....

Oh yeah, I'm talking about a Daewoo CPC-400S here (not such a funny
looking 'gameconsole', but a 'regular' built home computer).

Greetings,

Alwin Henseler   ([EMAIL PROTECTED])

http://huizen.dds.nl/~alwinh/msx    (MSX Tech Doc page)
http://www.twente.nl/~cce/index.htm    (computerclub Enschede)