>> The MSX-Audio is not only capeable to play 4-bit ad-pcm automaticly, but
this can be done for 8 bit pcm is too. Not many people have used this
feature, takes two >>times more memory for the same time and samplerate.
(PCM is better than ADPCM)

>How?
>I studied Y8950 data sheet but don't remember this option. How can this be
done?

Yamaha can do 8-bit AD/DA - conversion via register $1a. See manual page
33. If You are TP-programmer there are TP include-files to do this at the
homepage of Manuel Bilderbeek or at
ftp.funet.fi/pub/msx/programming/pascal/lammassaari (musicmo.inc's)

Sincerely Kari Lammassaari/Finland/Academy