-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: NYYRIKKI <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Aan: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Datum: zondag 13 september 1998 0:13
Onderwerp: Re: ATA/IDE and device I/O...

:
:> :MH>About your CP/M:
:> :  >You could consider to make an MSX-DOS1 compatible version.
:> :  >From the MSX-DOS2 function call description:
:> :  > CPM MSX1  00h -  Program terminate
:> :  > CPM MSX1* 01h -  Console input
:> :  > CPM MSX1* 02h -  Console output
:> :
:> :
:> :  What do those asterisks ('*') indicate?
:>
:> Those are non-CP/M-compatible MSX-DOS Bdos-calls.
:
:Wrong !!! Those asterisks mean, that those routines may be safely called
:from a user disk error routine, but this kind of routine is only in DOS2
:(functions #64 and #70) so it is not very useful information.
:
:Maybe it is good idea, that you download whole DOS2 proggramming manual,
:you may get some good ideas from it. (maybe you can even implement some
:DOS2 functions to your system?)
:Look at : ftp.funet.fi/pub/msx/proggramming/dos2func.doc and dos2prog.doc

Whao!
I guessed it a bit, I didn't look it up. I knew there were some
non-CP/M-compatible MSX-DOS calls and I guessed they were indicated by an
aterisk.

And about the manuals, I already have them since, well, about 1990.