On Sat, 14 Feb 1998, Kari & Juhani Lammassaari wrote:

> At 05:16 PM 2/14/98 +0000, you wrote:
> >> Weet een van jullie of je van de joystick ingang
> >> ook een uitgang kan maken, zodat je dingen kan
> >> besturen via de joystick uitgangen...
>
> >It is possible to send data through the joysticks-port. But
> >unfortunately it is very limited. There is only one pin which can be
> >used for this purpose. I can't recall which one it was but I can look
> >it up...
>
> Im Happy to inform that You can use max 6 bit's for output and 6 bits for
> input using PSG ports 14 and 15.
>
> I've connected PCprinterport  and MSX joystickport and it's working OK.
> (The MsxLaplink is still uncomplete.. I'll find time for that project )
> The code for both machines  is TurboPascal + ML.
>
> If You need further information, let me know.
>
> Sincerely Kari Lammassaari

Hello Kari,

This is something I and a lot of people I know have been
waiting for. I would be great if we could use such a device
to transfer files between the pc and msx. Like the interface I had
to transfer files between the pc and my snes.

A lot of new applications for the MSX can then be make, like
a terminal server where the msx can be a graphical terminal client.
Or, and this is an idee that I and Jacco of Jinnovation (formerly
know as JBsoft) has been walking with for a long time: to make
a MSX multiplayer game.

The plan was to connect two to four MSX machines to a PC through
such an interface. The pc then act as the server for the game and
calculates all the data needed for the MSX machines who are
clients of that pc. Game data like the position of the players
in a level etc. etc. The only thing you need is this interface,
the software and a few more parallel ports on the pc.
(you can buy parallel port boards with 2 extra ports for a few
bucks)

I'm sure he'll make the pc portion of the interface software
if this project is going to continue. Jacco has knowledge
of ML, turbopascal and delphi, amoung other languages.

Let me know what you think of it,

greetings,

Sander