Hi all !

Maarten ter Huurne   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  replied:

> >I need to make a lead Turbo R to Scart connector, who can send me the
> >wiring diagrams or better, who can make this lead for me?.
>
> Turbo R DIN RGB plug: (seen from cable side)
> Note: this is the same as SONY HB700 RGB plug
>
>       7       6
>
>      3    8    1
>
>       5       4
>           2
>
> Pin:  Description:
>  1    ground
>  2    audio
>  3    status composite
>  4    composite
>  5    status RGB
>  6    red
>  7    green
>  8    blue

Not quite correct !
The layout of the pin numbers on the plug is, but you mixed up a
couple of signals. Correct layout for the Turbo-R RGB connector (8-p.
DIN) would be:

1  ground                      to SCART pins 4, 5, 9, 13, 14 & 18
2  audio                         to SCART pins 2 & 6
3  status RGB              to SCART pin 8
4  composite video       to SCART pin 20
5  Ys (luminance)         to SCART pin 16
6  red                             to SCART pin 15
7  green                        to SCART pin 11
8  blue                           to SCART pin 7

You can use a connecting lead made like this for the Turbo-R, Sony
HB-F700, and Sanyo Wavy MSX2+ as well.

The signal on pin 3 (status RGB) functions like a switch signal,
where any voltage from +3 to +12 volt signals 'on', and anything
below that indicates 'off'. This is for instance used if you're
connecting your computer to a TV with SCART input. In that case,
the TV will automaticly switch to display of the RGB (SCART)
signal when the computer is turned on.
It is usually connected to +12V (sometimes only some 5V, but
this should work the same) through some series resistor.

The Sony F700 and Sanyo Wavy only put a composite sync signal (no
complete video, only synchronisation signals) on pin 4, where the
Turbo-R seems to put a complete composite video signal on this pin.
An RGB monitor only uses this to extract the synchronisation signals,
and therefore either composite sync, or composite video will do.

The signal on pin 5 (Ys, or luminance) is not really a signal, but
carries a constant voltage of some 3 to 4 volts. Some monitors seem
to need this though.

Although most or all of the ground pins on a SCART connector are
usually directly connected on the monitor side, it is good practice
to connect all ground pins of signals used in the SCART plug, in case
they're not.

The audio signal should be connected to both left & right audio
inputs on the SCART plug (as above). If not, you might get the sound
from only one speaker (or no sound at all?).

> To Manuel Bilderbeek: Is this info already in the FAQ? If not, please add it.

To Manuel Bilderbeek: Is this info correct in your MSX FAQ? If not,
please correct it. If yes: well done!

Alwin Henseler       ([EMAIL PROTECTED])

http://huizen.dds.nl/~alwinh/msx       (MSX Tech Doc page)