NY> "Greg_" ??? You !?!?

  Aha... I guess you couldn't see through my clever disguise, as a
  Spectravideo SV-328 user! <g>

NY>AARGH!!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

  Now I expect to get an "honorable mention" in your autobiography,
  when you become rich and famous. ;-)

GV>1) OPM (YM2151): FM sound synthesizer
NY> Name of this chip is very important, for finding information. I
  > did not have even this !

  Yes, it's hard to find information when you don't know what to
  look for.

  My impression of Yamaha, from my efforts to get the CX5M Service
  Manual, is that they aren't much help in general -- and are about
  useless if you don't ask very specific questions.

GV>http://www4.ncsu.edu/~nscorlet/ym2151/
NY> Pictures again :-( Well, anyway I'll download them just after
  > sending this message.

  That site offers the OPM User Manual as JPG image files. A text
  file couldn't properly depict waveform diagrams, etc.

  Isn't there a JPG file viewer for MSX?

  About the Yamaha YM2151 OPM, in general...

  I'm not a games player, but, from browsing the WWW, I found that
  the Sega System-16 video board is a Z-80 with a YM2151 and YM3012
  DAC. That Z-80 would have ROM, which may be easier to debug than
  the Yamaha ROM. (The System-16 main CPU is a Motorola 68000.)

  There are numerous Sega System16 emulators; if you search the WWW
  you may find source code or an image of the Z-80 ROM.

  The full source code for MAME (Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator)
  is available for MS-DOS, Windows '95, and PowerMac. The MS-DOS
  version source code (C-language) is available at...

    http://mame.retrogames.com/

  Jarek Burczynski ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote the YM2151
  emulation code for MAME. According to a comment in his code, he
  would like to hear from others who have a system with the YM2151,
  to share technical information and testing.

  Here are some emulator/ROM/game URLs that may be useful to you...

http://homepages.infoseek.com/~emuzoo/index.html
http://netside.simplenet.com/pp/emulators/
http://www.fortunecity.com/olympia/nurmi/36/index2.html
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Horizon/6091/stoz.html