Hi Laurents '~Grauw' Holts,

A combined reply:

> Ok, I have a little question for my understanding...:
>
> If any MSX sends a byte all other MSX-computers connected to this
> network recieve it, is that correct?

Yes, this is indeed correct.
Sending of a message can only be initiated by the MSX that holds the
bus token. The message travels all around the network and returns to
the bus master (the MSX that holds the bus token). This MSX removes
the message from the network. If the message travels all the way round
the network the master is assured from the fact that the receiver has
received the message (otherwise he could not have relayed it to the
next MSX in the ring).

> The current status of "Joystick Network Program-working".
>
> === Let me know if you all agree with this ===
> If so, this part is finished and we can let our thoughts flow over a
> protocol (=software).
>
> Connectors:
> MSX (DB9 /f)
>       -->
> SEND (DIN5 /m)
> RECV (DIN5 /f)
>
> The pin-layout of each connector:
> MSX (DB9 /f) pins:
> =============
> 1 - RECV pin 1
> 2 - RECV pin 2
> 3 - SEND pin 3
> 4 - x
> 5 - x
> 6 - SEND pin 1
> 7 - SEND pin 2
> 8 - RECV pin 3
> 9 - SEND / RECV pin 5
>
> SEND (DIN5 /m) pins:
> ====================
> 1 - MSX pin 6
> 2 - MSX pin 7
> 3 - MSX pin 3
> 4 - x
> 5 - MSX pin 9
>
> RECV (DIN5 /f) pins:
> ====================
> 1 - MSX pin 1
> 2 - MSX pin 2
> 3 - MSX pin 8
> 4 - x
> 5 - MSX pin 9
>
> An explaining diagramme (non-proporional):
> :
> : Pin-layout:
> :   SEND (DIN5 /m)            RECV (DIN5 /f)
> :
> : D0   1 ---------------+  +-------------- 1  D0
> : D1   2 -------------+ |  | +------------ 2  D1
> : ACK  3 -----------+ | |  | | +---------- 3  ACK
> : GND  5 -----------|-|-|--|-|-|--+------- 5  GND
> :                   | | |  | | |  |
> :                   | | |  | | |  |
> :                   3 7 6  1 2 8  9
> :
> :                    MSX (DB9 /f)
> :
>
> -----------------------------
>
> When just connecting 2 MSX-computers, this cable can be used too
> (although the one discribed above is preferred):
>
> MSX1 (DS9 /f)
>     -->
> MSX2 (DS9 /f)
>
> The pin-layout of each connector:
> MSX1 (DS9 /f) pins
> ==================
> 1 - MSX2 pin 6
> 2 - MSX2 pin 7
> 3 - MSX2 pin 8
> 4 - x
> 5 - x
> 6 - MSX2 pin 1
> 7 - MSX2 pin 2
> 8 - MSX2 pin 3
> 9 - MSX2 pin 9
>
> MSX2 (DS9 /f) pins
> vice versa

After rereading all the mails (check, check, double check), this looks
correct to me.

Greetz,

Jeroen Smael
FutureDisk