Marcelino Luna Espinosa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

[CUT]

> Yes, I'm a C maniac : )    In fact, i want to make possible
> dynamic memory (one of the best carachteristics of high level
> languages) in the BASIC compiler, but I don't know how to
> implement it. Does anybody knows?

Maybe the idea is silly, but I'll tell about it:
since the new BASIC compiler must be in memory to permit new development
in this new BASIC, why not simple write a tiny C program, (once
compiled, it's machine code, isn't it ;-) that only contains a "int"
variable, set to what ever you want, plus a "malloc()" instruction sized
to your int
* sizeof(char), and once done, just unassemble this program, to see
what's the ML code for a malloc in C ;-)
(or even better, compare the code with and without the malloc()
instruction)

[CUT]

I hope I understood "dynamic memory" the same way you did... And if you
meant "untyped" variable, thing about imitating the "VARIENT" type from
MS-VisualBasic... (IMHO very very silly) it will be a very consuming
memory system...

MetalGear

Email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]