Really interesting, that 1212 cardridge with LAN, I never knew it existed.
But this hardware is very rare, and even harder to get and even harder to
get more than one. True, it would be *excellent* for what we want: a
connection between MSX'es and PC('s).

So, what we need is something that hardly requires extra hardware. Luckily,
MSX has really nice joystickports, which can do much more than that. They
have 2 (or 3, I don't remeber exactly) outputs, and 5 inputs. It shouldn't
be too hard to wire this to the PC'es parallel port, since all you need
is... wire! (and 2 connectors) So, we only need some software. The main
problem here is the actual data-transfer, but since we have at least 2
inputs on our MSX it's possible to make a synchronate-signal and one
databit-signal. I think it's even possible to make this in pure BASIC on the
MSX. The PC-part is perhaps not as easy, but someone who has used the
hardware directly won't have any trouble making this to. When things are
made in assembly on MSX, perhaps we can get a reasonable transfer-rate.

An other possiblity is, as I've mentioned before, the MIDI ports of PC and
MSX, but this requires extra hardware. All I can say about this that I'll
look if it is possible to read and write single and raw data-bytes from en
to the PC's midi-port in Windows, but unfortunatly my monitor is broken and
I'm using a old 14" monitor which can't handle the resolution to work
conventiently in Visual C++ 5.. :-(

So, if somebody would think about transferring files using the joystickport
and LPT port (perhaps even a toke-bus network using both joystickports?
wha!)

Randy