Hi,

>I'm sure a good programmer knows how his trick works, but I think this
>"hiding" is especially important for demo-programmers (sorry Mark :) but
>I think that's the way it is) because a demo is usually nothing more than
>a technical trick.

Absolutely true...

> That's what you're selling, along with some of your ego
>:) (oops not to offend anyone)

*GRIN*

> If the tricks are known, the demo isn't that much fun anymore.

I don't agree with that.  I've seen a lot of demo's based on the same
principle (eg. mix lines using line interrupts) and I really still
appreciate a some of them (not only including my own ;-))

>> > I´m sure that if they open that secrets to every one we will have more
>> > good programmers on the MSX ....
>> True fact
>
>I completely disagree. That's like giving a monkey a nuclear reactor and
>saying "hey now you're a good engineer". Coding a bigger project like a game
>or something requires a lot more than a bag of tricks.

Okay, a basic understanding of how to program is of course a prerequisite,
and that's a lot more than just typing a buch of asm/C/Pascal/BASIC/whatever
lines and getting that to work -- no arguing 'bout that!
But having access to a large bag-o-tricks surely helps to understand
how to program/code certain effects.  And being able to include these effects
can result in more attractive games...

>Make a fun game, okay?

I will :-)

>Cas (knows theory and a lot of practice, so get coding!)

Eric (willing to 'get coding' but having trouble to findsome spare time...
      Does someone have a couple of days to spare? Can I buy them?)