Hi all,

Manuel Bilderbeek   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  wrote:

> > It's in 1996.  What the situation is today?  Are there hard-/software
> > solutions to bring my
> > old files from a MSX tape to the PC, not using a MSX computer?
> >
> > Mindaugas.
>
> Not really, I believe, but some people seem to work on it. See The Ultimate MSX
> FAQ: http://www.faq.msxnet.org, emulator section.

There is one (only in principle) simple solution for this:

a) Hook up a tape recorder to the line input of a common PC
(sorry...) soundcard
b) Simply record as audio to a .WAV file
c) Write your own program (choose your favourite programming
language) to process the info in that .WAV file

I agree, not quite as simple as it might look       >;-((

BTW: I do have a ZX-Spectrum emulator which can use some simple
cassette interface, hooked up to the PC's (sorry...) parallel port.
So something like it -does- exist.

Alwin Henseler           ([EMAIL PROTECTED])

http://huizen.dds.nl/~alwinh/msx          MSX Tech Doc page