On Sat, 6 Mar 1999, Maarten ter Huurne wrote:

> At 01:46 PM 03/06/99 +0100, you wrote:
>
> >>But my LDIR transfers only 2kb of data (just 4 sectors) and this happens
> >>while the head is moved, so no time is lost!
> >
> >And you think slotswitching is slower than LDIRing 2048kB of data???
>
> It doesn't matter: as long as it's done before the head reaches the new
> location. You'll have to wait for that anyway.

That's what I did! But for 2kb of data, and not 2048kb (2048kb would be
bigger than the entire 720kb of data).

But for Turbo-R FDC, this technique wouldn't be good, because the heads in
Turbo-R diskdrive move very fastly!

Greetings from Brazil!

Marco Antonio Simon Dal Poz        http://www.lsi.usp.br/~mdalpoz
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   "Apple" (c) Copyright 1767, Sir Isaac Newton

    /"\
    \ / CAMPANHA DA FITA ASCII - CONTRA MAIL HTML
     X  ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN - AGAINST HTML MAIL
    / \