On Thu, 18 Mar 1999, Manuel Bilderbeek wrote:

> > > Philips 8235, 8245, 8250, 8255 and 8280 were all sold with 128K mapper.
> >
> > Only Philips did it? Did other manufacturers do only 256kb of Mapper
> > built-in?
>
> See the hardwarelist: e.g. SOny HB-F700P: 256KB of Mapper.

Ok, I see. But my question if if all 128kb built-in MSX are from Philips.

> > > Hydlide 3 is 512K.
> > > ROM version of Royal Blood is 1MB.
> >
> > 8-megabit Megarom??? That's impressive! Is it downloadable in any site?
>
> It's on ftp.komkon.org/pub/MSX/Carts/Mega I believe.

Yes, that's true! Thanks!!!

> > Here in Brazil the only way to get MSX2 was doing conversions! Only
> > actually Ademir Carchano produces boards of MSX2+, previously all MSX2 and
> > MSX2+ were converted from MSX1.
>
> Which MSX1 machines were used? Only Hotbit and Gradiente?

Yes, HotBit was made by Sharp, and Gradiente was the manufacturer of
Expert.

> > > In Europe, for a long time software was available in normal stores. But
> >
> > Was Japanese software available in normal stores?
>
> Konami ROMs were. And some others too. Clubs imported software, later. But in
> the beginning, there were even made tape-versions of Japanese software, under
> license. (Like Zanac, e.g., see a previous thread about Eaglesoft/Aackosoft).

Tape made under license? And why didn't it happen in Japan? And how did
it happen?

> > Importing games? Wasn't it too slow and too expensive?
>
> Appearantly not!

Here in Brazil it would be. The import tax is absurdly high, the transport
is slow, and the inspection is lazy.

> > Total: 71 clockcicles. Conclusion: you're right, it's not possible to use
> > 1.2Mb or 1.44Mb disks with Z80 at 3.57MHz. It's BAD!
>
> Too bad!
>
> > Then, there's still a chance only for Turbo-R.
>
> And 7.16 MHz MSX2!

Yes, and why not 7.16MHz MSX1? BTW, how does a 7.16MHz works? I didn't
change the main clock of my MSX2 because I know that V9938 won't work.

Greetings from Brazil!

Marco Antonio Simon Dal Poz        http://www.lsi.usp.br/~mdalpoz
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   "Apple" (c) Copyright 1767, Sir Isaac Newton

    /"\
    \ / CAMPANHA DA FITA ASCII - CONTRA MAIL HTML
     X  ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN - AGAINST HTML MAIL
    / \