> You can read the ADC directly. I don't remember the port number, but it
was
> somewhere around 10. It produces 8-bit sample values.
> The timing may be difficult, because you have to poll it at the right
> frequency.

The timing is the whole problem.

> >B. it hasn't got easy software to edit the
> >waves and save them in .MTN, .RAW or .WAV-format.
>
> That would be true for a new cartridge as well.

But there would be written complete new software for that...

> Anyway, I think such a cartridge is not really needed:
> - turbo R has a PCM sampler built in
> - PCs (and Amiga etc) can do sampling and have a lot of software available

But I don't have a turboR (nor a Philips MusicModule), and the trick is that
I don't want to do it on my PC. I just think this should be quite easy to
make, therefor not too expensive, and I'd very much like it.

> By the way, I think the "A" in "A2000, the cable company" stands for
> "Amsterdam"...

Guess so...