At 03:21 PM 6/29/99 GMT, you wrote:

>Success is not about what is better/best it is about marketing.

That may be your opinion, but I cannot agree.
For everything you do you can define success in a different way.

For example for software, you can define success as profit. You can also
define it as number of users. But maybe you're the happiest if some piece
of software runs exactly like you want, even if it's only on your very own
computer. It's a decision any individual or organisation makes for itself.

>And what about all the lockups on my MSX? Vampire Killer, I managed to lock
>my MSX every time I played it (ordinary philips 8250)

And was that the original version?
I had a 128K crack, which locked up very often, but that is the cracker's
fault, not Konami's.

>that is the essence
>of software, it is virtually impossible writing bug-free software
>even for microsoft.

Bug-free software is theoretically possible (you can proove programs are
correct), but in practice it is too cumbersome to do for whole programs.
But better quality than Microsoft provides is possible. I actually think
they can do it better, I bet they just calculated how much writing better
software would cost and found out that increased sales would not compensate
for the extra cost.

>You wish you worked for Bill...ha..

If money is your only reason for working... yes.
Otherwise, there are more rewarding and relaxed jobs.

Bye,
                Maarten