> >This method worked perfectly on the Philips MSX computers. The Turbo-R
> >on the other hand doesn't need such a routine, since the spindle motor
> >is switched off automatically after a certain time.

        How? Does it have dedicated hardware?

        I don't know, but I do know the Sony F700 works the same.
        The drive always stops, as it is not controlled by counting down
through fd9f. How it IS controlled, I don't know...Maybe a simple one-shot,
triggered by drive-access?

        If it is a Philips, you could POKE the counter to 1 so it will take
only 1 interrupt to stop. But this would not be 100% compatible I guess.

        Greetz,
        Patrick