> > Do you guys get the VDP port addresses from main ROM (at #0006) or you
> > actually bang #9x ports directly?
> >
> We all use #9x immediately.
> Unless we write a tutorial were we say that the standard asks us to use
> #0006 ;-)

He is right. There is some MSX1 to MSX2 transformer which has different
ports but we need the speed too much to read it from adress 6. And in
Dos-environment we have to do some difficult interslot-read... nah, assuming
#98-#9B is much faster, easier, clearer.

And by the way, from MSX2+ on, those ports #98-#9B are standarized too.
So if you directly use these ports, it will work, according to the standard,
on every MSX 2+ and higher. And in practice, it will also work on every MSX,
exept for those which are adapted to MSX2 with this very rare Japanese
board.

          email me: [EMAIL PROTECTED] or ICQ: 10196372
             visit the Datax homepage at http://datax.cjb.net/
MSX fair Bussum / MSX Marathon homepage: http://msxfair.cjb.net/