Pierre Gielen wrote:

> Jon De Schrijder wrote:
>
> > As long as it has an IDE interface connector, it will work with the
> > Sunrise IDE interface. There is no new special software required.
>
> Do you mean that a CD-rewriter will also work with the
> IDE interface, without special software?

well, you will be able to use it as a normal CDROM I guess. Of course
for writing CD's, new software is required. (And I don't know if it is
possible because for writing CD's the computer must be fast enough to
prevent writebuffer underruns.)

Can someone test if a CD-writer is recognized as a CD-ROM at startup? or
is it detected as a ATAPI device?

Greetz,
jon