Adriano Camargo Rodrigues da Cunha wrote:
>         I thought that "broken pipe" was an error code set by kernel
> when
> it tries to write to a pipe that has no readers... Interesting... I'll
> take a look...

In the case of a named-pipe (a fifo-special-file-thing) the writer just
goes to sleep, and will never get a broken pipe error. Don't confuse the
code for both different types of pipes.

David Heremans

--

"One difference between SuSE and Red Hat is that the
former operates in a country where people don't sue