Hello Pierre,

>BTW this serial link is very slow. File transfers using Erix on the MSX
side
>and Telix on the PC are aborted if the baudrate exceeds 9600 bps. This
seems
>strange, considering that there is a fast 16550 UART on both sides. The MSX
>is running on 7,16 MHz but switching back to 3,58 MHz doesn't help, so it
>probably isn't a timing problem.

This should not happen at all....
Are you sure hardware handshake is implemented in your null-modem cable, and
that the software on the PC uses it?
Otherwise, it might happen that buffers overflow when using Y-modem-G-batch.
With normal Y-modem-batch there should be no problem.

If there still is a problem, another terminal program on the PC could help,
or maybe
there is a problem in the RS232C interface design. (my fault I guess)

If I have time and feel happy to do it, I might write some kind of
file-commander over
a serial link sometime. But since I do not have much time, it could be this
project
will never start at all...

Greetings from Erik Maas