[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Sander Zuidema <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schreef in nieuwsbericht
> <000601bfa87c$c2c27c40$175feed4@benjaminb>:ðÐÁ^ÀÐÁ^˜ÐÁ^pÐÁ^`ÐÁ^0ÐÁ^...
> > I think this 512Kb was very useful for things like

it is 512kB flashROM; it is a very slow procedure to write data into
it...

> > - Good floppy-drive emulation (like megaSCSI)

A Japanese has made a floppy emaulator for IDE; I don't have the
program, but according to Ikeda 'HDDEMU is good program'

> > - Automatic caching/turbo-R reading at R800

no caching in slow flashrom

> > - Fat16 compatibility (my personal favorite!)

something for DOS3
first we need a new diskromstandard (>16bit sector numbers,etc..)

> > etc.
> >
> Still trying to convince Jon of implementing the automatic R800-reading on
> the turbo-R. Hope he will implement it soon.

?!
that's the first thing I hear about that !

I don't think that automatic R800 switching belongs inside the IDE bios.
That should be done by the OS. There are programs around for that. (I
believe it was made by Xelasoft) With that driver the IDE transferspeed
is significantly increased (doubled) on Turbo-R.

Also technically speaking it is not possible to call R800 switching
routines from within the IDE bios...

Greetings,
Jon