Francisco Alvarez wrote:
> One month ago I received the new ATA-IDE interface (with 512KB and without
> RS-232). Today I wanted update the flash-bios (1.98 --> 1.99) but I had
> problems. First, during startup, I press INS key to disable interface. DOS1
> appears. After that, I type in Dos command 'idefload ide199', I choose the
> slot where IDE is (and where Idefload says me that the interface is) and
> tachan! the computer says me:
>
> 'Flashrom Test: Failed'
>
> Is it normal???

If you don't use the latest version of the IDEFLOAD program (1.4), it is
normal. Only version 1.4 supports 512kB flashrom. Personally I've never
tested the 512kB programming because I have only an old interface, but
people from Sunrise told me that the IDEFLOAD program worked ok for
512kB flashrom. You can download latest IDE stuff from www.msx.ch

> (I don't know if JDS read the list). If not, what should I
> do?

write him an email :)

Good luck,

Jon