> > >     Does anybody know if there are free-Z80/R800 VHDL source code?
> >
> > What the hell is VHDL?
>
> VHDL stands for:
> Very high speed
> Hardware
> Description
> Language

No, it stands for:
VHSIC
Hardware
Description
Language,

and in this VHSIC stands for
Very High Speed Integrated Circuit.

> That's a language used to develop hardware, i.e. electronic circuits,
> instead of using the good and old schematic diagrams.

Yes, you can create your own chips (IC's) with it, using PLD's (Programmable
Logic Devices), or more specificly: FPGA's (dunno what it stands for).

Until there were PLD's, the only way to do this (not being a big hardware
company) was using a CPU in combination with an EPROM.

PLD's are a much nicer and much more user-definable solution.

 email me: [EMAIL PROTECTED] or ICQ: 10196372
      visit my homepage at http://grauw.blehq.org/