Hello all,

>>> The fact is, that right now ESE Artists' Factory uses a software
>>> technology like FPGA and is advancing the development of a new VDP.
>>> If this succeeds, it will become possible to put this new VDP into
>>> the new MSX. However, if there are negotiations going on before the
>>> completion of this VDP, we will end up not being able to use this
>>> new VDP.
>>
>>  I'm sorry but I cannot understand the above sentences. Why cannot
>>we use the new VDP???? Can anybody explain about this....?
>
> I don't know the details about copyrights and the like, but it appeared
> me that it was mainly some copyright-question. The English sentences I
wrote
> might not have been very clear about this, but that is because the
Japanese
> ones weren't very detailed on this part, either.

Couldn't it be the other way around? That would make much more sense to me:

ESE is developing a new VDP now, and -in parallel- are in discussion with
Yamaha about transferring the copyrights.   the correct way to go about
would have been *first* reach an agreement with Yamaha and *then* start
developing the ewn VDP.  As long as Yamaha hasn't yet agreed
to really transfer the copyrights, ESE has no right to do the development
they are working on now and will thus (a) NOT get the copyrights and
(b) have a lawsuit up their a****s from Yamaha, if Yamaha finds out about
ESE's current activities. *Then* we/they will not be able to use their
new VDP.

Another possibility is that the agreement ESE is trying to reach with
Yamaha includes a paragraph which makes it impossible for ESE to
continue their current VDP development...

     Eric