> > Do you think that you know what MSX stands for?
>
> It would surprise me if people have interest in this story, Alex... I
posted
> a message about this subject some months ago in the newsgroup, quoting
that
> MSX in fact means 'Matsushita Sony X-machine'...People didn't react at
> all...I think it's too far from their beds or something...The European
> people and esp. the Dutch don't react at all on Japanese
MSX-news.....Quite
> interesting, psychically spoken....

Well, it's also a little bit the other way around. And besides all that, the
translations
of Ikeda MSX print (or the original text) aren't always very clear.

Furthermore, only a few people have good contacts with Japanese MSX users.
The spread the news, but often not on this mailinglist. So, when you
actually hear
some news, it's news that past a lot of people, and often it's not
completely correct
when most Dutch or English speaking people hear it.

In Ikeda MSX print, for example, there is a line that says:
"We had also hoped to interchange thoughts with Sunrise and Leonardo Padial
from Spain about which kind of CPU and soundchip will be implemented and
what kind of harddisk interface could be used best, but it seemed to us that
they had very little interest in this new MSX project."

But, if I remember correctly, some guy from Sunrise (sorry, I forgot your
name) wrote that this wasn't correct: they spoke with the Japanse guys after
the fair.

Furthermore, I've mailed a contact working with ASCII, and he says ASCII
isn't involved in any
new MSX development, and never will.

However, ASCII didn't reply my question if some Japanse usergroup is busy
with developing a new
MSX and if ASCII has given them the rights to do so.

So let's hope for the best.

I would be nice however, If some English speaking Japanese MSX user joined
this mailinglist to
provide us with up to date news about the MSX situation in Japan. Then
nobody on this list has
to wonder what's really going on there.

And about the rest: You can't blame us for being sceptic. I remember some
promises companies made
in the past about developing a new european MSX2+ computer. I haven't seen
that one yet ;-)

Hmm, MSX Basic booting with copyright 2000 by ASCII. Would be nice though
;-)

-Sander

B.T.W. MSX= Microsoft Sander's eXtension