> Hmmm... Got a prob here...
>
> Although I love fades, this one is getting irritating... I bought a
Monitor
> on Tilburg 2000, but when I use it, it fades out all the time... After i
> give it a gentle 'SMASH' hehe.. It turns on again (fading in the
screen)...
> After that it takes about 5 seconds to again fade out the screen and so
> on... After about 15 minutes, the monitor works perfectly... hehe..
>
> What causes this?? I really am confused... Can someone help me out???

Probably a loose contact somewhere...
Take a look at the connectors at the back first, wiggle a little with them
and see if it makes any difference on the screen.
On my Philips CM8833 this happened. Otherwise you have to open the monitor
and look carefully for bad solder joints on the boards, and resolder them.
Look specifically at the line transformer (the thing that has a connection
directly to the tube). Also look around big transistors that are mounted on
cooling plates. Also check for inside connectors. Don't forget the board on
the back of the tube.

But be careful! Always unplug the monitor if you open it. Some capacitors
may still be charged to 300V, so do not touch any components with your
hands. Also, never remove the cable that goes into the tube, it is charged
to 15000V! The tube itself also retains this high voltage.

If you do not feel confident doing this, find someone who does, it should
not be too hard...

Greetz
Patrick

****