> > NOOO!!!! did you ever work with those newsgroups???
> >
> > you will see loads of messages like 'request file X', 'request file Y'
and
> > that's because the messages/files are deleted after some time, then the
> > 'request file X', 'request file Y' comes along again (looping for ever
> like
> > that)
> >
> > Use a FTP site or - even better - website with a database.
>
> I fully agree. binaries newsgroups are worthless. We need something
> permanent. And an FTP site is exactly the right thing for that. We are
> working on something.... the keyword should be FUNet as Tristan already
> said.

News (usenet) is easier to access for dummies.
And a binaries newsgroup doesn't rule out a fileserver...

I think binary-newsgroups are cool. I have experienced little trouble with
them, and the *broken file* concept doesn't occur that often, especially
when the files are relatively small -which is often the case with MSX-. And
it requires little maintenance, only a few enthousiastic emulator people.
And I think there are lots of those (and it might make MSX emulation more
popular). And ofcourse it's a prestige thing. If the c64 has a binaries
newsgroup...

However I don't know about the possibilities to set it up. How is it done???

 email me: [EMAIL PROTECTED] or ICQ: 10196372
      visit my homepage at http://grauw.blehq.org/

****
Problems? contact [EMAIL PROTECTED] See also http://www.faq.msxnet.org/