> Afaik the Z380 uses special instructions (Decoder Directives) to indicate
> which ranges are to be used. They all start with DDIR.

But JR is an exception. There are different opcodes for 8 bit JR and for
16 bit JR.

> And which to
> 'compile' by default depends on the mode the Z380 is currently on (in
> extended memory mode 24-bit JR's and 32-bit JP's are default, if I'm not
> mistaking).

Are you sure? I did not read anything about this in the Z380 manual. The
use of 8 or 16 bit JRs depends on the opcode used. And the use of 16, 24
or 32 bit JPs depends on the preceding DDIR decoder directive. But of
course, don't try a 24 or 32 bit JP in native mode because only the low
16 bit of the jump address will be used, and the rest will be ignored.

     ***** XVIII MSX USERS MEETING IN BARCELONA: DECEMBER 9th 2000 *****
          Konami Man - AKA Nestor Soriano (^ ^)v - Itsumo MSX user

    New web address:   http://konamiman.msx.tni.nl  &  http2//nestor.msx
               [EMAIL PROTECTED]         ICQ#: 18281450

 Bill Gates should pay 1$ every time Windows fails everywhere in the world

Problems? contact [EMAIL PROTECTED] See also http://www.faq.msxnet.org/