> > The new BIOS v2.0 isn't compatible with the old one already
> because of the
> > added 24-bit sector access. So most direct-interface-access
> programs already
> > don't work.
> Which program will not work?

I don't know exactly. The programs which directly access the IDE-BIOS (v2.0)
without clearing the C register... I think EVAIDE does it.

But anyway, there are hardly other programs which directly access the
IDE-BIOS so I think it's best to make the update to 3.0 a.s.a.p. before
other programs are going to use direct access. Best is to update it even
before EVAIDE is adapted, so that that one doesn't need to be adapted a
second time.

By the way, IF you (Jon) are going to update the IDE disk variable area,
best do it good. It won't be compatible anyway, so I think it's a good idea
to use OFFSET +4 +5 +6 +7 (for example) for the 32-bit disk size instead of
OFFSET +4 +5 and +8 +9...

 email me: [EMAIL PROTECTED] or ICQ: 10196372
      visit my homepage at http://grauw.blehq.org/

****
Problems? contact [EMAIL PROTECTED] See also http://www.faq.msxnet.org/