> > Manuel Bilderbeek wrote:
> > > OFFTOPIC: does anyone know why <PRE> is not giving a non-proportional
> font
> > > when using Netscape and STYLE-sheets to change the font?
> > > OR can I solve this? Or am I making a mistake?
> >
> > Seems like style sheets in Netscape don't have
> > a consistent support for fonts.
>
> Yes. You can define the font-size in CSS, right? This must be done with
> characters, like small, large, xx-large, etc. Well, there are seven possible
> sizes, and every one equals a HTML <FONT SIZE= number. In IE, this is
> rendered correctly. In Netscape however, it's all rendered one 'size'
> smaller. This is very annoying and my MSX ICQ list at www.msx.org (small
> commercial break) renders too small in Netscape because of that.

I was not talking about font sizes, Laurens. Please read more carefully. (And
read the other replies first, because the problem is for the bigger part
already solved.

The only thing is still that the fonts inside TABLEs is still the default
font, not the one from the CSS, while the rest of the document does have the
selected CSS font.

> Netscape is so inconsistent (also concerning tables, empty cells are not
> rendered etc), I don't bother about supporting it, it's just too much extra
> work.

Just put &nbsp; in an empty cell. Easy.

Grtjs, Manuel

PS: MSX 4 EVER! (Questions? See: http://www.faq.msxnet.org/)