> I understand your point, but I totally agree with Adriano about the fMSX
> license. The fMSX is a freeware with "source code available". The implicit
> license says "You help me, I sell". Theres nothing that assures you this
> will be this way forever.

This is from the fMSX.html that comes with the source:
===
Note that fMSX source code is freely distributable but it is _not_ in public
domain. You cannot use it for commercial purposes unless you contact me to
arrange the conditions of such usage.
===

So Marat wants exclusive rights for using fMSX commercially, but he is not
limiting non-commercial uses. That is good enough for me: I am only
interested in using and improving the emulator.

I really like GPL, but I don't think GPL is the only acceptable license.

About other emulators: I'm willing to help other emulators, I just don't have
enough time to write code for all of them. But research is often a
considerable part of the effort, and that can be shared among emulators more
easily than code.

Bye,
                Maarten