> At 18:44 16-12-00 +0200, you wrote:
> >Was there ever a msx speech synthesizer developed (like c64 - sam
> >reciter?)
>
> If you mean you type text and the MSX can speech it for you... yes. there
> was one made for MSX. It has a French accent though.

This is only a simple program that plays the right samples at the right time
on the Philips Music MOdule ADPCM output.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
>Also, the Yamaha CX5M had BASIC commands for speech synthesis. It
>worked  pretty good (even with the japanese accent), as far as I
>remember it. (I  used to have one) You could change the speed,
>intonation and tone height. I think it was a  feature of the SFG01/05
>modules though, not CX5M specific.

It does?? I have a CX5M... Can someone tell me how to do this? I'd like to try
that... (I have no docs with my CX5M.... Please, if you have a manual or
something, scan it and send it to [EMAIL PROTECTED]! :-)

[EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
>I was trying to write some article on Captain Multi Station MSX2.

Never heard of that one! Cool! I am curious to your article and hope to be
able to add this system to the MSX Hardwarelist.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
>To dump the ROM I'll have to desolder it first. I am prepared to do
>this, however, as it will allow me to install an SFG-05 ROM (burnt
>onto an EPROM) into the SFG-01, and see whether the disk and MIDI
>functionality is there. There is a chance this won't work, as the
>SFG-01 and SFG-05 have different FM chips.

Is that so? What is the difference exactly? (In specs?)
I thought only the ROM was different (indeed, the MIDI and disk
functionality...)
I am a happy CX5M + SFG-05 owner... ;-)

Grtjs, Manuel

PS: MSX 4 EVER! (Questions? See: http://www.faq.msxnet.org/)