Hi,

> Hi people,
>
> I have some questions about that FAT16: Is it possible to create really
> large partitions with it (up to 2GB) ? Where can I find PATCHCOM.COM?
It should be possible.
I wouldn´t advise to create such partition since there is no chkdsk.com for fat16.
If anything goes wrong (a stupid program overwrites FAT)  you can´t repair it....

I just used deltree.com on my fat16 drive. Well, I can confirm it didn´t work.
Actually it screwed up the fat. Argh! I´m trying to save what is still readable right
now :-(.

My advise: stick only to the dos commands no external programs, coz this can ruin
everything.
It is good for backup purposes but yet as relaiable as I would like to see iit......

Look at www.msx.ch for fat driver and link to developers jap. page.

For
> what versions of COMMAND2.COM is it suitable? What will happen if I
> accidently use my FAT16-harddisk with an unpatched COMMAND2.COM?

Yes you can.
Free space on a FAT16 partition will not be correctly interpreted though.

Greetings from Bjørn Boye Skjoldhammer
How to contact? See: http://www.geocities.com/msxtrd/data.html
ICQ #20449307