Hello,

>Finally, my MSX2 suddenly started complaining "Disk offline" and suddenly
>refused to read floppies. I think that it is no longer capable of detecting
>floppies, perhaps because of a worn-out rubber band, as was suggested to
me.

>Is this correct?

I had the same problem with my Panasonic FS-A1GT... in the beginning I had
only problems with a few disks... a couple of weeks later more and more
disks were "offline"... The next day it was impossible to read any disks.

A good friend send me a new belt for the diskdrive... I took me about 10
minutes to replace the belt... The drive is working perfect now! Replacing
the belt of the diskdrive of a Turbo-R is much easier then of the diskdrive
of for example the NMS 8250!

I'm sure there are people who can help you with this belt or even replacing
it if you aren't "handy" enough to do it yourself.

Kind Regards,

--[ MARI ]--