On Wednesday 21 March 2001 22:50, you wrote:
> >>Finally, will a resolution of 1280x1060 do??
>
> David.
>
> It's not really the resolution that matters. Just make sure you create the
> design in 300dpi. Doing so the resolution of a standard 800x600 screen (in
> 72dpi) will be four times that size already. When printing stuff
> profesionally, the printshop will need to have a 300dpi picture IF you do
> not want to see pixels or interpolation from the machine when it has
> stretch your picture to 300dpi.
>
> greets
> Bart.

I already tought that the picture needed to be stretched so that's fine,
since I was planning to do a collage of known MSX images. At least known for
european( more like benelux, don't know about spain) users. I don't care much
for the pixelation when stretching, the pixelation is part of the charme that
MSX has for me.

Now, that I know the DPI of the machine, how much printable surface can I use
? Doing a colage of pixel images I would like to know DPI multiuplied by
number of  inches= number of pixels that can be used. Ofcourse , using 300
DPI would make a screen shot of an MSX game less then an inche, so I probably
will need to scale the screenshots already :-)

David