"Rieks W. Torringa" wrote:

> Wow! I also wanted to translate Shalom to English, but nobody was
> able to get access to the Japanese texts in order to replace them
> with the English ones. How about some sort of co-operation? If you
> can explain to me how to implement English texts instead of the
> Japanese ones, I can already start an English translation. The
> quality of the translation might be better in the end, since it is
> a direct J-E translation instead of a J-P-E translation.

        Sure, and by comparing the english translation and
the portuguese translation, we can get texts with more quality.
I'll send you the translation kit in pvt (and also anyone
interested in help).

        Please note that translating Shalom is very difficult,
because it has a lot of jokes, including some word jokes which are
nearly impossible to translate from japanese. For example, the word
play between mabuta (=eyelid) and buta (=pig), in the introduction
of the game.

> I do also have an original copy of Shalom including the Japanese
> manual. An English translation of it by the original distributor,
> Homesoft Benelux, is provided as well.

        I would greatly appreciate if you can scan these !