I've heard this story somewhere before... hmmmz, around 1991 I think. It was
another game though.

Anyways, cheers to you Armando!

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]Namens Armando Perez
Abad
Verzonden: donderdag 3 januari 2002 9:09
Aan: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Onderwerp: KPIBALL AND SIRDAN FREE

Dear boys and girls

KPI BALL becomes free game, this is my decision.

There're much reasons for this movement but the most right one is the
easy
money than some persons had plump to others... I like to tell the
history:

Around January year 2001, we sell 50 KPI BALL units to SUNRISE through
Jesus
Tarela from Hnostar. Each unit had a cost of 6 euro becose SUNRISE sell
ONE
copy of the game + booklets + adhesive sleeves. SUNRISE puts his own
floppy
disk and jewel case and then they make the necessary COPIES from the
original
for the retailer market. 6 euro was the price for distributors.

I don't know the exact cost for one floppy disk and one jewel case by
SUNRISE,
I presume they may be 1.8 euro (upping the price).

Let's play for mathematics: 6 + 1.8 = 7.8 euro. All right, nice price
cost.
Now I invite to you for take a look to SUNRISE web site at
http://www.msx.ch/sunformsx/

What a surprise, KPI BALL reatiler price at 14.75 euro! I think than my
browser runs perfectly...

Let's math game again: 14.75 - 7.8 = 6.95 euro by proffit. Nice price
yet, but
only por SUNRISE crew this time (sign...)

The price of KPI BALL in Spain was for 10.82 euro. Obviously this price
includes our all production costs and our all development and
programming
time. Well, we have this comparation now:

KPI BALL in Spain               10.82
KPI BALL in Netherlands         14.75

Something is wrong. No sense about this difference... This business
looks
fishy to me.

Why SUNRISE win more for the SAME game? Had SUNRISE reprogram the game
and
reprint the booklets? Who knows...

I'm not damaged becose SUNRISE is more rich like me actually, I'm
damaged for
the dutch users mistake. One dutch user pays 3.9 euro MORE than one
spanish
user. Until the current date SUNRISE had been plumping to the KPI BALL
buyers.
Excuse the convenience but that it's the true.

Mr Rob Hiep (SUNRISE leader) was warn several times for an inmediate
KPI's
downprice but he refuse any response at our enquiries and advices.

Maybe it's later for my unrevoked decision but you can download now a
COMPLETE
VERSION of KPI BALL from the Matra's web site, www.matranet.net. This
version
is COMPLETY FREE, no cost, no pay. Only a note, this game is MATRAWARE,
so
read with attention matranet section or read the file README.TXT
included in
KPIMATRA.LZH

Matra is a well-know exMSX group so I will not entry on more details.
Check
matranet is my suggestion.

http://www.matranet.net

By the way, at www.matranet.net you can download another MSX complete
game
too. This one it's Sir Dan by Canor, although Canor's movement IS NOT
the same
like mine.

For your information you can take the complete KPI BALL package (floppy
disk,
jewel case, booklets and adhesive sleeve) from Club Hnostar
(www.hnostar.com)
at the one and only correct price, this is 10.82 euro, nothing more and
nothing less.

Enjoy all this, for free in short.

--
Un saludo,