Hi Bernard! :)

Bernard Lamers wrote:

> The problem is that there might be more than one MAIN ROM on MSXes
> which use for example a MSX -> MSX2 upgrade cartridge. The MSX1 rom in
> such a configuration will indeed be located in slot 0 or 0-0, but the
> MSX2 BIOS -which is the BIOS that should be used in such a
> configuration- will be located in another slot.

That's my point, because that's what the MSX2 Technical Handbook says:

 In some cases, however, it is required to know the slot number of the
specified software. For example, in the previous version, BASIC MAIN-ROM
was
placed in basic slot #0 or in expansion slot #0-0 when basic slot #0 was
expanded. So when MSX1 is upgraded to have the MSX2 functions by
installing
MSX-VIDEO and BASIC ver 2.0 ROM, the MAIN ROM should be placed somewhere
other than slot #0 or slot #0-0. The slot where MSX2 SUB-ROM resides
depends
on the machine, but the information about the slot where BASIC
interpreter
ROM resides can be obtained by referring to the work area described
below

> The slot containing the BIOS which should be used on a MSX computer
> can be found at location #FCC1. MSX1 documentation claims that this
> address contains a byte indicating whether or not slot 0 is expanded,
> but all later ASCII documentation -including the MSX Datapack- defines
> it as slot address of the BIOS/MAIN ROM.

But #FCC1 is RAM. The slot address in that system variable is set by the
BIOS at boot time. Now let's say that the BIOS didn't to that job for
me. How could I find out where's the MAIN-ROM for that computer?

Regards,

--
Javi Lavandeira ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) - http://www.ag0ny.com