> I don't know this chip, but I know serial lines in general. Hardware
> handshake is usually not switched on by default. If you have XON/XOFF
> handshake, you should send a ^S to stop the data and a ^Q to restart it.

I'm not using XON/XOFF.

> By the way: To be sure, you can just measure the voltage on the pins.
> The pinout is on several places, among which is the text-terminal-HOWTO
> for linux.

Hum... Ok, I'll try it. But first I need to buy batteries for my voltmeter. :)

> I hope UZIX doesn't crash from the buffer overrun?

It probably will. But buffer is in high memory area, just before MSX system
variables. A big buffer overrun will trash system vars and hangs MSX.

> It should just drop the data I'd say. If you have TCP connections, that
> should not be a problem at all.

I don't like this approach. With Sunrise IDE, when the buffer is full, I clear
the DTR signal and the other host stop sending bits until the buffer has some
space available (when the DTR signal raises again). I don't loose data and
eveything goes fine.

=====
Adriano Camargo Rodrigues da Cunha                 ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
http://www.adrpage.cjb.net                      MSX: more fun per less MHz