> Laurens Holst wrote:
> >I don't think there are any games for screen 10 written in Basic. This is
> >because as I said before screens 10 and up are quite hard to program,
> >especially from basic.
>
> If you would've read the article by Alex yourself, you would have seen
> SCREEN10 is just as easy as SCREEN5. :) Only SCREEN11 is more complicated.

But, if you use screen 10 in that way you could just as well use screen 5,
which then has more possibilities like for example four instead of two
pages. If you want to use the multitude of colors screen 10 offers, you'll
have to go through some trouble, because a PSET (x,y),3425 or something (to
put color 3425 on a certain location) doesn't work. So it's definately not
as easy as screen 5.

Ah, and no, I hadn't really read the article by Alex Wulms... I know a
little about the basics of the MSX 2+ screen modes, but I haven't got the
full specs memorized, and I wasn't planning on using those screens myself
for the time being. In any case, Alex's article (I -kind of- read it now) is
very nice, it certainly contains enough information to program for screen
10. To Andrea I say, read the article, and ask no more... ^_^

> Perhaps someone can make available more BASIC games, as published by the
> various MSX magazines, so newbie BASIC programmers can learn from them?

Yeah, that would be nice, if someone could do that. However, I think most of
those games are programmed for the MSX-turboR, and also someone has to go
and take the effort to collect them and put them on the web, which I also
doubt will happen. I really think experimentation based on Alex's article is
the best way to learn. Still, there might be some good examples out there.