> > The v9948 was a VDP specially made for Korean MSX-computers.
> > It contained SCREEN 9, aswell as VDP register 24 (25 in Basic), which
> > as far as I know was a text-modus specially made to display the korean
> > character set.
> >
> > Since I heard there was a manual of it available somewhere, I thought,
> > it wouldn't hurt if this were to be put online.
> >

> That's interesting.... I have never seen v9948 ... -_-
>
> Greetings from Korea,

There's a short statement about it at the bottom of this page:

http://web.inter.nl.net/users/A.P.Wulms/Mccm/mccm72/nofrschermen_eng.html

I guess it only was in one of the last Korean MSX models...?
In any case, it should be easy to test... just type SCREEN 9 in the basic of
every Korean MSX you encounter and see if it does something (aside from
giving a syntax error) ^_^.