> On Sunday 30 June 2002 15:46, Frederik Boelens wrote:
>
> > Why not just make the game in assembly in stead of TP?.
> > Imho this seems much more diffecult, and with assembly you've got a lot
> > more oppurtunities ;)
>
> Programming in a higher level language is much easier, because you have
things
> like type checking, easy control statements (if, for, while), subroutine
> calls with a parameter list, mathematical expressions are very compact
etc.

Ofcourse, you are right about the 'fact' that higher level languages are
easier. but does it also
counts on msx? Raymond had nothing but troubles implementing the mbwave
replayer. And to make
a good playable game with Turbo Pascal on msx seems very hard to me.

Ofcourse assembly (and the algorythms) can be hard to learn to.. especially
if you want to make demo's like "Almost Real" ;) But with some important
preprogrammed routines you can make some nice things already very fast.

> I wouldn't recommend using assembly unless you absolutely need it, to get
> maximum performance or to get maximum control over the system.

This doesn't go for all type of games, but don't you think most of them do
need assembly to get a good gameplay?

Greetz,
Chaos
TwZ