Hi all,

> If japanese people were a bit less sceptic about non-japanese people skills
> and projects, I think this would be a good idea.

> Their culture is so different from ours it's impossible to communicate at
> the same level as you do with most of the rest of the world. Even if a
> japanese person speaks perfect english, his usage and interpretation of the
> language will still differ from yours.
> In other words, a language barrier can be broken, but a culture barrier is
> far more difficult to break.

I just wanted to say that from time to time I have very good contacts
with the japanese hardware people and Tsujikawa even asked me to join
his project. Too bad I don't have that much time left for MSX and I'm
already writing VHDL all day for my job.

About the approach of replacing chips in stead of making a new board: I
don't think you can do it for all MSX chips, since some chips probably
also contain analog logic (the VDP?), and thus can't be rebuilt with an
FPGA only.

Regards and success to all hardware people out there !

jon